Sunday 18 September 2016

ESEA Open Player Interviews - Week 1


Rowpieces - Scout for Eels and Escalators



How does your team stack up to the other top teams in open?

I haven't really looked at a lot of the other top teams, but I would have to say that we could be very competitive with them. So far we haven't gotten any scrims against top teams, but I hope this changes so we can get a better understanding of where our team stands in the current standings.

What would you rank your scout compared to the rest of open?


I like to believe that I have the potential to be great. I played open season 19 and for half of season 22. I also play a lot of pugs and try to improve my skills daily, but my play style needs the right team. I believe I'm one of the top scouts this season as long as I can play the way I like to (which is currently happening).

What is the most overrated team this season and why?


It would probably have to be between Anal with Alan and MIGOS. Anal with Alan seems to be a top 2/3 team, but I believe there are a lot of teams in tier 2 and some in tier 3 that could take them down if they aren't consistent. I also think MIGOS is a pretty good team, but their only good, consistent player is odb. I haven't seen a lot of Elepimp and Drake, but so far it seems that their scouts aren't consistent and viper will probably get tilted in games which might affect the teams performance.


What do you predict your team's record to be and how will you guys do in playoffs?


It all really depends on what teams we play but I think we could go 12-4 or 13-3. I'm aiming for us to reach at least round 2 in playoffs, possibly round 3. I'm not sure if we could make it to finals but I guess we'll find out as the season progresses.

Shoutouts?

conal, indecency, reno, java/ats, rainoflight dom, blaine, yuice, apt, citric, percy




MSH - Roamer for Nope



Which ways do you prefer to practice roaming and why?


I do a shit ton of mge and jump maps. Honestly, I just like to shoot things in mge and I jump because I want to rank up on Tempus just like my friends. I don't like dm because it just feels different; there are too many things to keep track of.
What is your favorite part of playing roamer?


Mids and med forces. Mids because there is just so much you can do as a roamer, and med forces because it's so satisfying getting a force or a drop. As a roamer, it's kind of your job to make an advantageous situation, so its satisfying when things work out.

What is the most overrated team this season and why?


Honestly, I don't know because I don't focus on that stuff much. I just kind of want to go and play my match and not care what happens.

What do you predict your team's record to be and how will you guys do in playoffs?


10-6 or 11-5 somewhere around there. As for playoffs, 1-1.

Shoutouts?


Brian for maincalling well, our scouts for clicking on things well, mousecake for ringing for our match and thinking he needs to buy winrar




Shounic - Pocket for Anal with Alan



Since the much more liberal global whitelist came out, have you had to change the way you play pocket and what are your thoughts on the whitelist?


Well, the main unlock that really changed things for me is the cowmangler. It allows me to play a lot more aggressively and hold chokes harder since I don't have to think about ammo conservation. I suppose the new whitelist is good, but its only been a week into the season so its hard to get a good idea of just how badly some weapons can/could get abused.


What are the main differences between playing in ESEA compared to AsiaFortress?


In AsiaFortress, there's a lot more emphasis on improving individual skill, so it's common to see people grinding DM for hours and hours on end each day. In ESEA, the 6s competition is a lot stronger in the sense that people are smarter and there's more people to compete against, so it's easier to get better and improve one's game sense here. Overall, the differences aren't that major.


What is the most overrated team this season and why?


I'm not sure if there actually is an overrated team. The rankings this season are pretty straightforward, so I don't really feel like there's anything inaccurate about what people have been saying.


3:43 PM - shounic: maybe people won't realize how hard we will stomp this noob division? :)


What do you predict your team's record to be and how will you guys do in playoffs?


Since somehow we couldn't get rid of conferences and the top few teams have placed themselves in the central conference, we will get into playoffs quite certainly with no losses. If we don't get first, we will get 2nd. However, now that I say that, it might trigger the other teams to try harder but if things stay the way they are, we will PWN.


Shoutouts?

cady, jovi, teejay, the team, my mom, batman, and video games





Goldfish - Demo for RatNut



Why are you playing Open this season instead of IM or Invite?


I'm 100% focused on real life and all my time and energy is consumed by work and going to the gym. I still enjoy TF2. Plus, I've always wanted to play demo in ESEA and since open is easy and effortless, its a lot more fun.


How do you like this team and what do you expect out of them this season?


I think they have a lot of potential. I expect all of them to be the best on their classes out of everyone in the division.

What is the most overrated team this season and why?

I don't think any team is overrated actually. Most teams have already proven themselves in scrims.


What do you predict your team's record to be and how will you guys do in playoffs?


16-0 and 4-0. We will get first place easily.

Shoutouts?


Shoutout to TLR for being a beast at the cinnamon challenge.




Drake - Med for MIGOS



How much do you contribute to the comms of your team?


A moderate amount. I'd say odb and I go back and forth with maincalling, so it varies on any given day. I probably call the most between fights and he calls during them.

What is your philosophy on team fights as med? Do you prefer to stay in during fights even if your team is down numbers or do you focus on staying alive?


It's sort of a cop-out answer, but everything is uber percentage to me. I’ll generally stay in on fights I feel are winnable, but at around 50% (for either med) the risk of losing and giving them full uber ad is not worth winning that one individual fight. I like pushing risks off-ubers, (like midfights or post-ubers), but once someone hits that 50% mark, I’d rather conserve myself.


What is the most overrated team this season and why?


I have no idea. I kind of just show up and play, and don't really focus on other rosters. I want to see someone beat Offclassico though, just because everyone's calling them the sandbag team and they're pretty beatable in my opinion.

What do you predict your team's record to be and how will you guys do in playoffs?


Upwards of 12 wins. From there it depends on how well we can coordinate ourselves before playoffs. I want nothing less than semis (2 wins) - I'm sure we can reach it, but you never know how these things turn out.

Shoutouts?

Shoutouts to the team, shoutout to Smitty - you're my boy. Shoutout to Spades Slick in IM again. He's gonna slam.






No comments:

Post a Comment